Friday, July 23, 2010
There are a lot of things I miss about home, particularly my mother, father, and grandmother. However, the last few days I have really missed my herb container. I know it sounds weird, but I miss going outside and looking it over for bugs, cutting things back and just smelling it: Lavender, Lemon Thyme, Basil, and Rosemary. Buying fresh herbs in D.C. is so expensive and I do not have a place to grow them just yet. Dried herbs it is...for now at least.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
from now on, or until I am totally swamped with work, I will be doing monthly "things I love" posts. here is july's! enjoy!
1. This nifty Ipad case by DodoCase, cleverly disguises your precious goods to look like a Moleskine notebook. I am a big fan.
2. I have been an obsessive wearer of Marc Jacobs perfume for years now. I was so excited when I found it in a nifty rollerball size!
3. One of my favorite artists, Maira Kalman's, beautiful coffee table book Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (Of A Crazy World)
4. Kiehls Essence Oils smell so pure and fresh and come in a lots of scents. My favorite is vanilla.
5. These adorable Gumdrop Studs from Kate Spade come in several juicy colors.
6. Probably my favorite shampoo I have ever come across, Say Yes to Tomatoes shampoo, smells amazing and leaves my hairy shiny and full of volume. I am a big big fan. I am also a big fan of their Yes to Seeds campaign, which teaches children and communities gardening skills, and proper nutrition.